Other costs apply
About this course
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Machinists set up and operate a variety of computer-controlled and mechanically-controlled machine tools to produce precision metal parts, instruments, and tools.
- Work from blueprints, sketches or computer-aided design (CAD), and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files
- Turn, mill, drill, shape, and grind machine parts to specifications.
- Graduates will exhibit desirable work habits, ideals, and attitudes essential to successful job performance.
- Graduates will communicate effectively with industry peers in the vernacular of professional tradespersons.