|Campus setting||Contact the university / college|
|Living cost||Contact the university / college|
|Student population||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
About Defiance College
The campus is located on 150 acres in a residential area of Defiance, which includes 19 buildings and access to the 200 acre Thoreau Wildlife Sanctuary
- Buchman Fitness Room: Student have free membership to the fitness center as well as the local YMCA. The Smart Fitness Center (located in the George M. Smart Athletic Center) provides state-of-the-art equipment; including free weights, treadmills, Nautilus Circuit, Elliptical Total Body machines, and Trainer machines, Stairmasters, recumbent bikes, and upright stationary bikes.
- Campus Security: Securitas Security Officers complete campus rounds and remain at front desks from 3 p.m. to 7 a.m. daily. Students have room keys as well as access cards. Entry into the sleeping areas of the residence halls is strictly limited to residents of that building.
- Health Center: Staffed by a full-time registered nurse. Appointments can also be made with a visiting physician and counselor. The Health Center offers educational programs to encourage healthy lifestyles. The Health Center is located in the Serrick Campus Center, 2nd floor.
- Counseling Center: The Counseling Center provides free and confidential consultation, assessment, individual, group, couple's and family therapy to Defiance College students. The Counseling Center is located inside the Health Center in the Serrick Campus Center, 2nd floor.
A variety of entertainment and co-curricular programming for the student body at little or no cost. On campus events include concerts, comedians, hypnotists, and theatrical performances. Trips off campus such as hockey games, skiing, theatre, and cosmic bowling allow our students the opportunity to get away from campus and enjoy events in the surrounding communities. Larger events include Family Weekend and Homecoming.
Late Night Fun
The McCann Center is open 24/7. Here you can grab a snack, work in the computer lab, or play pool and air hockey anytime day or night.
Defiance College has 22 Intercollegiate sports. Admission is free to home games with College ID.
Intramurals offer a wide variety of sports and recreational activities throughout the academic year for all students, faculty, and staff.
Library, Career Development, Accessibility Services, Campus Chaplain, Office of Intercultural Relations, Music Programs, and more!
Defiance College is in the Northwest corner of Ohio at the confluence of the Auglaize and Maumee Rivers; one hour from Lima and Toledo, Ohio, and Ft. Wayne, Indiana; two hours from Detroit, Michigan and Columbus, Ohio; three-and-a-half hours from Cleveland, Ohio; and four hours from Chicago, Illinois. The city of Defiance has 18,000 residents.
Defiance College's campus residences offer comfortable living spaces that foster personal, social and academic growth.
Our on-campus residence hall options vary from traditional living units to apartment style suites. In the past, these residential facilities may have been referred to as dormitories. By definition a dormitory is a place for eating and sleeping only. A residence hall offers more extensive living facilities (e.g. lounges, game rooms, study areas, meeting areas, TV rooms and laundry facilities). Also, a residence hall operates with an educational and holistic philosophy that works to positively impacts students during their formative college experience. The on-campus residential communities of McReynolds, Whitney, Jacket Suites and Grand Avenue should be referred to as residence halls (halls for short), not dorms or dormitories.
Incoming Freshmen - Students are paired, for the best fit, based on entry housing surveys. If it doesn't work out, we can fix it. Two weeks after move-in there is a consolidation period. Residents will work with their hall director and RA to change rooms.
McReynolds Hall - Residence for first-year students.
- A three-story traditional style residence hall with a capacity of approximately 240 students
- All rooms are double-occupancy; living areas (12’x15’) with community restroom and shower located on each wing
- Provided in each room per person: bed, desk, chair, built in closet unit, and dresser drawers. The standard twin mattresses in McReynolds hall are being cycled out to extra-long twin mattresses. Students will be notified of their mattress size through their housing letters.
- Cable outlet (only one in each room)
- Common areas feature a large-screen TV and game tables, wireless internet in the lobby and vending machines
- Major renovations in 2007 with new bathrooms, showers, and laundry rooms on each floor
- Roommates assigned based on information submitted by students when they fill out the Housing Application and matched for the best fit
Whitney Hall - Primary campus residence for sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- A three-story traditional style residence hall with a capacity of approximately 215
- Double-occupancy; living areas (12’x15’) with community restroom and shower areas located on each wing
- Provided in each room per person: extra-long twin mattress (36”x80”), desk, chair, closet, dresser, Internet jack, telephone jack and cable outlet (only one in each room)
- Major renovations completed in 2008 with new laundry rooms on each floor, first-floor study lounge, second-floor kitchen, and third-floor study lounge
- New bedroom furniture, flooring, windows and window treatments
- Lobby area features a fireplace, outdoor patio, large-screen TV, piano, game tables, study area with computers, wireless Internet in the lobby, vending machines
Jacket Suite Apartments - Apartment-style housing for upperclassmen with themed units: Academic Excellence, Service Leadership, and Greek Life.
- One-story quad style apartments are divided into three pods; each containing four to five individual apartment units
- Central lounge in each pod with big-screen television and study area
- Four-person, two-bedroom suites include kitchenette, private bath, and storage/study area
- Fully furnished bedrooms include a loftable bed with extra-long twin mattress, desk, dresser and wardrobe
- Each apartment building has an atrium-style commons area encircling an outdoor courtyard
- Parking available across the street
- Each apartment building houses coin-operated washer and dryer
- Cable and high-speed Internet
- Central air/heat in each apartment
Grand Avenue Apartments - Apartment housing for senior level students
- One-story apartments
- Located within short walking distance to campus
- Two fully furnished bedrooms in each apartment (students must utilize personal furniture for living room / dining area)
- Room include a loft bed with extra-long twin mattress, desk, dresser, built in closets and window treatments
- Private bath with spacious living room
- Complete kitchen includes full-sized refrigerator, range, lots of cabinet space with a dining area
- Smoke detectors in all bedrooms and common areas
- Washer and dryer in each apartment – free of charge
- Cable and high-speed Internet
- Central air/heat
- Easily accessible parking in front of the building
Courses available 9Accounting & Finance 1 Business, Management 1 Education and Teaching 3 Health and Medicine 1 Law 1 Mass Communication & Media 1 MBA 1
Be the first one!