- Complete a DCCC Application for Admission for those not currently enrolled at DCCC.
- Complete and submit a Surgical Technology Enrollment Packet.
- Submit a High school transcript OR GED score report (High school seniors should submit a current transcript by the deadline).
- Submit an OFFICIAL college transcripts from colleges attended. All transcripts are not required, only those in which you plan to transfer credit must be submitted. College transcripts must arrive in original sealed envelopes. Faxed, copied, and on -line transcripts are not acceptable
- Placement scores meeting Allied Health placement requirements (or approved equivalent) in the areas of computer skills, sentence skills, reading comprehension, arithmetic and algebra
- Allied Health Intent Form submitted to admissions.
- Eligibility Review – After completing the requirements above, you are responsible for scheduling an Eligibility Review appointment with your Enrollment Advisor.
Students will apply theoretical knowledge to the care of patients undergoing surgery and develop skills necessary to prepare supplies, equipment, and instruments; maintain aseptic conditions; prepare patients for surgery; and assist surgeons during operations.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills with consumers and coworkers in the role of surgical technologist.
- Use critical thinking to recognize, analyze, and solve problems related to surgical procedures.
- Understand and use policies and manuals related to surgical procedures.
- Use current technologies in the implementation of administrative, clinical, and laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrate competency in the knowledge and skills required for entry-level surgical technologist.
- Display professionalism by projecting a positive attitude, working as a team member, showing initiative and responsibility, and displaying sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Practice in a legal and ethical manner.