About this course
The Surgical Technology curriculum prepares individuals to assist in the care of the surgical patient in the operating room and to function as a member of the surgical team.
Employment opportunities include labor/delivery/emergency departments, inpatient/outpatient surgery centers, dialysis units/facilities, physicians’ offices, and central supply processing units.
- Complete a DCCC Application for Admission for those not currently enrolled at DCCC.
- Complete and submit a Surgical Technology Enrollment Packet.
- Submit a High school transcript OR GED score report (High school seniors should submit a current transcript by the deadline).
- Submit an OFFICIAL college transcripts from colleges attended. All transcripts are not required, only those in which you plan to transfer credit must be submitted. College transcripts must arrive in original sealed envelopes. Faxed, copied, and on -line transcripts are not acceptable
- Placement scores meeting Allied Health placement requirements (or approved equivalent) in the areas of computer skills, sentence skills, reading comprehension, arithmetic and algebra
- Allied Health Intent Form submitted to admissions.
- Eligibility Review – After completing the requirements above, you are responsible for scheduling an Eligibility Review appointment with your Enrollment Advisor.