About this course
The Master of Public Service Management (MSP) degree is offered as a part of Cumberland University’s institutional outreach to provide opportunities for advanced study in fields appropriate to the needs of the community. The program seeks to provide individuals who have attained the baccalaureate degree, in any field, with an opportunity to acquire advanced expertise while continuing to work full-time during the period of enrollment.
The program-of-study was instituted in 1996 with the first graduates receiving the Master of Public Service Management degree at the May, 1998, graduation.
*Enrollment in the (MSP) degree program is limited.
*Students who enter the two-year program will attend classes for five (5) consecutive semesters usually sequenced fall-spring-summer-fall-spring.
To be admitted to the Master of Public Service Management (MSP) degree program of Cumberland University, the applicant must
- be the holder of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- complete an application form;
- submit transcripts of all previously completed college or university work;
- submit satisfactory scores on the Miller Analogies Test [MAT];
- provide three  confidential recommendations (forms provided);
- participate in an on-campus interview with the (MSP) Admissions Committee;
- attend an orientation session.