About this course
At Cox College, students have the option to begin their educational journey to nursing by obtaining an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree. At this level students who gain entry to the ASN program and maintain a full-time study, have the ability to graduate in two years. Graduates will be prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN®). After passing this examination, they will be eligible to begin a career as a registered nurse.
Upon completion of the program of study, the graduate will be able to:
- Utilize knowledge from nursing, behavioral and natural sciences to apply the nursing process in providing direct care for individuals and members of a family or group with well-defined nursing diagnoses in structured health care settings;
- Assume a professional role, practice nursing within legal, ethical and professional standards;
- Employ effective communication skills in interaction with clients, their family members and the health care team;
- Manage direct care for individuals and members of a family or group
- Utilize interpreted research findings in nursing practice; and
- Demonstrate commitment to continued education.