About this course
The Master of Education in Advanced Literacy prepares teachers for literacy instruction at early childhood, elementary, middle school or high school levels. Students completing this specialization will also be eligible to take the TExES Reading Specialist exam #151, which will result in certification as a Reading Specialist.
All M.Ed. applicants must submit the following in order to be considered for admission:
- Application for admission.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts with a 2.5 GPA from the colleges or universities where the student earned their baccalaureate degree. (A cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required for the Initial Teacher Certification specialization.) Graduate students must arrange to have the transcript sent to Concordia directly from the institution of record. A student-delivered transcript will not be accepted as an official transcript, unless it is received in the original sealed envelope and appropriately stamped by the institution of record as "issued to student in a sealed envelope."
- Request two letters of recommendation from your current supervisor and one from a non relative through the online M.Ed. Graduate Admissions Application. Our application system will automatically send the request for a letter of recommendation by emailing the supervisor or colleague. We suggest you notify your recommenders in advance of the email request.
- When deemed necessary, additional information including an interview may be required.