About this course
The M.A.T. in Early Childhood Education, an NCATE accredited program that focuses on the education of children in pre-Kindergarten through third grade, is nationally recognized by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). It is designed for those who want to teach young children and have undergraduate degrees in non-education disciplines.
Successful completion of the M.A.T. program requirements leads to recommendation for teaching certification/licensure in grades pre-Kindergarten through three in South Carolina, in addition to a master’s degree. The State of South Carolina has reciprocal licensure agreements with many State Departments of Education across the United States.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions; minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Official GRE scores; official TOEFL scores if your primary language is not English
- Undergraduate coursework reflecting a broad liberal arts background.
- Professional résumé and two letters of recommendation regarding your academic work/experience (one from someone who has observed you working with children).
- A cover letter stating your reasons for pursuing a teaching career, a self- assessment of professional goals, and statement of ability to perform essential teaching duties under the Americans with Disabilities Act.