About this course
The Clarkson College online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP in candidacy with the ACEN) program prepares advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) to lead the way in enhancing the quality and safety of the nation’s health care delivery systems.
This practice-focused doctorate program addresses the most contemporary aspects of expert clinical practice and offers in-depth knowledge in leadership, health care systems design and evaluation, and emphasizes evidence-based practice and applied research.
- M.S.N., M.S. or higher from an accredited institution
- Unencumbered A.P.R.N. license
- Current certification in area of practice
- One year experience as an A.P.R.N.
- Health and safety
- GPA of 3.0 (cumulative Master’s or higher)
- Official TOEFEL score (Minimum of 100 total score on the TOEFEL Internet-based test, minimum of 250 total score computer-based TOEFEL or minimum of 600 total score on the paper-based TOEFEL required)
- Transcripts from graduate coursework
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Sample of formal scholarly paper (thesis, project or paper)
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty or professionals
- Essay (500 word statement of educational goals to include evidence of potential dissertation/residence project)
- Completed application and related fees
- Interview (face-to-face or via video conferencing)