About this course
As a graduate of the Health Information Management two-year program, you will be prepared for a variety of middle-management jobs in the health care field. You may be employed by hospitals, state agencies, medical clinics, or other health care organizations. The combination of career and technical education courses and transfer courses will give you a wide variety of options, including bachelor and master’s degrees in health information management.
For admission to the program, an application is required. This is a separate step from the testing and assessment process required by the college. Applications are available in Advising and Counseling Services, at the Enrollment Center on the Salem Campus, in program offices, and on the web at www. chemeketa.edu. Additionally, you must be able to pass a criminal background check. Health care institutions may also require another criminal background check, urine drug screen, proof of immunizations, and current CPR certification before a student can be placed at the facility for externship, practicum, or cooperative work experience.
English language requirements:
- NO TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for admissions.
- Chemeketa offers comprehensive language and college level studies and can accept students at all levels.
- All students who enter Chemeketa will take required English and/or college placement tests during orientation.
- Test scores submitted during the admissions process are used for advising placement purposes only.
- This process provides the student with successful class selection.