About this course
The program in Elementary Education is designed to meet the needs of the classroom teacher of grades K-6. The student successfully fulfilling the program requirements will qualify for North Carolina licensure at the Advanced level.
*Candidates must complete 33 semester hours of coursework.
Submit the following directly to the Graduate Program Director or to the Department Administrative Assistant:
- two official transcripts from each college/university attended (These should be mailed from the institution directly to the Department of Teacher Education, Catawba College.)
- the completed application forms, the health history and immunization form and documents, and the $25.00 application fee
- a copy of the National Teacher Examination (NTE) scores, PRAXIS scores, or test scores used by other states and accepted by the State of North Carolina for reciprocal licensing;
- a copy of the applicant’s teacher’s license
- three references from individuals who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s academic and/or professional performance (reference forms accompany the application form). At least one form should be completed by the applicant’s principal or assistant principal.
- a brief statement on a separate sheet of paper (not more than one page) concerning your reason for wanting to pursue graduate study. Include any information concerning work experiences and/or service through professional organizations which you feel would be helpful to the admission screening committee. Enclose the essay with your application.