About this course
Upgrade your career with a Master of Software Engineering degree from Carroll. We are one of a few schools to offer both master's degree and certificate programs in software engineering, with content continuously evolving to keep pace with the rapidly changing technological environment. You'll find a balance between abstract, theoretical insights and their application through real-world business scenarios and projects. You'll gain a breadth and depth of expertise in technical and management skills, and keen industry understanding. Evening courses are offered in a modified distance-learning format that combines periodic in-class meetings with projects outside the traditional classroom setting.
- Earned Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited institution.
- Successful completion of all foundational course work (see below for specific foundational course work).
- English Proficiency – If the applicant’s native language is not English, an official proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS or MELAB) is required and must be sent directly from the testing agency to Carroll University. The Carroll University institution code is 1101.
- The minimum required TOEFL score is: 79 (Internet-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). The institution code for Carroll University is 1101. The minimum required IELTS score is: 6. The minimum MELAB score is: 85.
- Score results must be from a test taken within the last two years.
- Applicants who are citizens of or who have received a bachelor's degree from one of the following countries are exempt from the English proficiency requirement: Australia, Belize, the British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Scotland, the United States, and Wales.