About this course
The Carroll University Master of Education program offers several unique formats for earning your degree, including traditional Master of Education programs, as well as flexible Content Concentration programs that can be applied to a M.Ed. degree. Master Degree programs are available for PK-12 Educators, Adult and Continuing Education.
The knowledge and skills you'll acquire through the program give you several advantages in the classroom, and allow you to work more effectively with a greater variety of students in different environments. The program trains teachers to be successful in delivering instruction, leadership and educational programs. Opportunities are limitless when you pursue an advanced degree in education.
- Earned Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited institution.
- Successful completion of all foundational course work (see below for specific foundational course work).
- English Proficiency – If the applicant’s native language is not English, an official proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS or MELAB) is required and must be sent directly from the testing agency to Carroll University. The Carroll University institution code is 1101.
- The minimum required TOEFL score is: 79 (Internet-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). The institution code for Carroll University is 1101. The minimum required IELTS score is: 6. The minimum MELAB score is: 85.
- Score results must be from a test taken within the last two years.
- Applicants who are citizens of or who have received a bachelor's degree from one of the following countries are exempt from the English proficiency requirement: Australia, Belize, the British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Scotland, the United States, and Wales.