- Earned Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited institution.
- Successful completion of all foundational course work (see below for specific foundational course work).
- English Proficiency – If the applicant’s native language is not English, an official proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS or MELAB) is required and must be sent directly from the testing agency to Carroll University. The Carroll University institution code is 1101.
- The minimum required TOEFL score is: 79 (Internet-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). The institution code for Carroll University is 1101. The minimum required IELTS score is: 6. The minimum MELAB score is: 85.
- Score results must be from a test taken within the last two years.
- Applicants who are citizens of or who have received a bachelor's degree from one of the following countries are exempt from the English proficiency requirement: Australia, Belize, the British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Scotland, the United States, and Wales.
The Curriculum and Instruction Emphasis prepares graduates to perform a number of specialized tasks, including creating new curriculum material and modules; researching new teaching methods; evaluating how students learn; planning teacher training programs; and much more in a variety of educational settings.
- 33 Graduate Credit Hours
- Individualized Program of Study
- Develop Expertise to Support Student Learning, Enhance Instruction, and Facilitate School and District Improvement
- M.Ed. Programs Can Be Completed In Less Than Two Years
- Convenient Summer Offerings, Hybrid Courses, And/Or Weekend Delivery Models