About this course
The radiologic technology program is a two-year associate degree program that prepares graduates for a career as a radiologic technologist. Radiologic technology is the health profession that deals with medical imaging in the diagnosis, assessment and treatment of disease. In support of the mission of the college, the radiologic technology program of study prepares graduates who have a foundation in the performance of basic diagnostic imaging procedures. Graduates are prepared to practice entry-level diagnostic imaging procedures in a variety of settings and to develop as professionals in the various fields of medical imaging.
Radiologic technologists work under the direction of radiologists or other physicians in hospitals, clinics, physician offices and specialized imaging centers. The radiologic technology program at Carolinas College:
- Is committed to go beyond the technical education and develop the total professional by graduating caring, competent, and proficient radiographers.
- Offers more than 1,150 hours of guided practice in various hospital and clinical settings.
- Introduces students to advanced imaging techniques such as sonography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized tomography (CT), and radiation therapy.
- Official high school transcript verifying graduation or equivalent (may be waived for college graduates upon request). Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA for math and science courses.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended with a combined cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5.
- Official SAT or ACT test score report with a minimum 900 (SAT) or 19 (ACT). Copies of official score reports and scores reported on an official transcript will be accepted (may be waived for college graduates upon request). For the SAT, only the critical reading and math scores are considered in calculating the minimum requirement.
*Interview with college faculty (scheduled with most competitive applicants after review of application and transcripts).
English Language Requirements:
- (TOEFL) score of 213 or above (computer), 83 or above (iBT: internet-based), or 550 or above (written exam).