About this course
The General Studies curriculum is unique in many ways, but one distinction is that General Studies courses at CCHS are taught with an emphasis on healthcare while remaining consistent with the discipline. Specific courses articulate their own objectives, but all General Studies courses emphasize the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, either in written or oral format.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and applications of the natural and life sciences.
- Understand and analyze the influence of different environmental, social and cultural concepts in shaping human thought and behavior.
- Think critically, apply abstract concepts, and draw conclusions from course concepts.
- Official high school transcript or equivalent verifying graduation and college preparatory coursework..
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended with a combined cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0.
- Official SAT or ACT test score report with a minimum 900 (SAT) or 19 (ACT). Copies of official score reports and scores reported on an official transcript will be accepted. For the SAT, only the critical reading and math scores are considered in calculating the minimum requirement.
Additional admission criteria for entry into the Pre-Nursing and Pre-Radiologic Technology tracks of General Studies include:
- Official high school transcript or equivalent verifying graduation and college preparatory coursework.
- Applicants with fewer than 24 hours of college credit must have a minimum high school GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants with a GED must submit 24 semester hours of college credit with at least nine semester hours in math and science.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended with a combined cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5.
English Language Requirements:
- (TOEFL) score of 213 or above (computer), 83 or above (iBT: internet-based), or 550 or above (written exam).