About this course
The Child Development Education program is designed to prepare students for careers as a group supervisor or aide in day care settings, a head teacher in pre-school, and a paraprofessional or teacher assistant in public schools. The program provides students with courses in the development of young children and a fourth semester field experience.
The student/graduate will be able to:
- Create a portfolio that includes artifacts supporting Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards.
- Identify specific professional characteristics associated with employment as a teacher.
- Evaluate the role of individual growth and development as it relates to learning outcomes.
- A copy of your transcript (grades) to the BC3 Admissions Office. If you have attended any other type of educational program or institution, we will also need a transcript of those academic records translated into the English language by World Education Service or Educational Credential Evaluators
- If English is not your native language, you must submit TOEFL test scores at minimum of 61 on the Internet-based or IELTS scores at a minimum of 5.