About this course
The rapid expansion of the computer industry has generated a growing need for highly skilled workers to repair, network, and support these complex computer systems. Employment of computer networking engineers is expected to increase much faster than average as information technology becomes more sophisticated and organizations continue to adopt and integrate these technologies. The computer networking field requires specialists who continually learn new skills to keep pace with the rapidly changing IT industry.
BTC’s degrees and certificates in the Computer Networking Program are ideal for students with skillsets and interests in information technology, working with and troubleshooting computers, assisting the public, customer service, and more. Your computer networking career training will help you learn in-demand skills for a rewarding career in the fast-paced world of modern business.
Students who complete a Computer Networking Program degree or certificate at Bellingham Technical College will be trained to:
- Install, configure, and administer an advanced application server and Microsoft Windows network.
- Design, develop, implement, and document a complex project in computer networking.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply technical and interpersonal knowledge and skills in professional setting.
- Design and implement a group project.
- Demonstrate knowledge in fundamental concepts used by computer networking professionals.