About Beacon College
Beacon College, a liberal arts institution of higher education, partners with and engages undergraduates who learn differently. We provide an education and campus culture that empowers and guides our students along their individual paths to knowledge, self-discovery, and success.
Beacon College, a four-year accredited college, is uniquely motivated to serve students with learning disabilities, ADHD, and other learning differences. The College fosters creative thought and responsible world citizenship.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Attracting faculty and staff who bring exceptional innovation, experience and expertise to their work with students.
- Employing multi-modal teaching strategies and a Learning Specialist model that provides students with a high degree of individual attention.
- Creating a supportive campus community that encourages and enriches personal development, self-advocacy, and independence.
- Guiding students to transform their most significant challenges into unanticipated strengths.
- Exploring new and meaningful ways to express and extend the College’s singular mission and values.
- Preparing students for a life abundant characterized by self-confidence, personal and professional success, and a love for lifelong learning.
As Beacon’s reputation spans the globe, each semester more and more international students apply and enroll at Beacon College. These students like their American classmates are eager to find out more about their unique learning style. They know that Beacon College is the proven expert in transforming the way students learn. Beacon’s expertise is evident when you review Beacon’s student outcomes. Students come to Beacon from across the United States and world hoping they can accomplish what hundreds of Beacon College graduates have already accomplished.
Since Beacon College students all share the common bond of a learning difference, students quickly become part of Beacon’s unique college culture. Their birth place is of significant interest and cultural sharing, however, Beacon College students are united in an uncommon experience that translates to quick and lasting friendships. Beacon College students support each other and celebrate each other’s accomplishments.
Many international students come to Beacon College from countries that do not have robust supports for students with learning differences. Often such students are marginalized and may never have the opportunity to develop their intellectual abilities. While we are beginning to see changes in attitude globally, there are few if any international post-secondary institutions focused on you and your unique educational needs.