Other costs apply
About this course
Baltimore City Community College’s Business Management Program is career oriented. This program prepares students who are first time managers and others for entry level-level trainee position in business, industry, government and non-profit organizations. Students are required to participate in learning activities that will provide them with the ability to demonstrate their skills in critical thinking, problem solving, visioning, team building and interpersonal relationships.
These activities will promote the students self-confidence and the desire to continue their learning activities for future success. Students and the communities that they serve will benefit and prosper from their knowledge, hard work, integrity and desire to be the best. Entrepreneurship is also a career option for students completing this program. Upon completion there is also the choice to transfer to a four year college/university. The Business Administration Program is a member of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Business Management Objectives:
- Assist students in developing critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Facilitate students in building self-esteem and confidence through proven motivational techniques.
- Enhance students’ communication skills through writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Help students gain enthusiasm for learning that will help them to be successful in any endeavor.
- Focus on delivering information that will prepare students to excel in their chosen field of study and overcome life’s everyday problems.
- Identify at-risk students early and assign them to an academic advisement counselor when
- Integrate computer applications in one or two of the business management course requirements.
- Aggressively recruit new students from high schools, businesses and the community.
- Explore the need for short-term certificate programs.
- Expand courses offered on the weekends