About this course
The purpose of the Argosy University, Los Angeles Educational Administration master’s degree program is to prepare individuals to serve as school administrators.
The Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) in Educational Administration degree program is designed for practicing educators who have already completed a bachelor’s degree program from a regionally accredited institution and seeking administrative credentialing. Based on state requirements, students may be required to complete additional experiences or coursework.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or an appropriately certified foreign institution
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) during the last two years of undergraduate work and any subsequent study
- A minimum score on an Argosy University pre-approved English language proficiency test is required for all applicants whose native language is not English or who have not graduated from an institution at which English is the language of instruction as specified in Section Five, Admission Policies, "English Language Proficiency Policy."
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time successful teaching experience or experience in P-12 schools as a salaried certified employee (If teaching experience is from another state, applicant must submit formal verification that school was state approved)
- Evidence of valid educational certificate
- Evidence of a criminal background or fingerprint check
- The principal at the school where the aspirant is employed must sign a Memorandum of Understanding that the potential candidate will be permitted to perform most of the 240-hour practicum at that site.
- Interview with Program Admissions Committee and recommendation for admittance
- A Writing Sample submitted with the program application.