About this course
The Forensic Science program offers a variety of core and elective courses. In their first year of study, students are given the opportunity to make up any deficiencies in biology and chemistry coursework depending on their undergraduate backgrounds and have the opportunity to take advanced courses in these fields. This provides students with a strong scientific foundation which is required and essential in the field of forensic science. The remainder of the first-year courses concern both general and specific topics in forensic science. The second year of study allows for further specialization in chemical, biological, and toxicological coursework. Students also complete internship experiences and research projects in the second year.
- A Forensic Science application, including personal statements, must be completed online at Arcadia University's official website.A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or better, with at least a 3.25 in the major. It is expected that students have an undergraduate degree in the natural or physical sciences.
- One official transcript from each college, university or professional school attended. Transfer credits included on a transcript must include grades earned; if not, an official transcript from the original school must be submitted. Transcripts must be sent from the issuing school in a sealed envelope and contain the appropriate signatures and seals to be considered official.
- Completion of at least two semesters of general chemistry with laboratories, two semesters of organic chemistry with laboratories, and two semesters of general biology with laboratories.
- Three current letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s ability to study graduate-level science.
- Test scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), taken within the last five years.
- A completed application
- A Personal Statement
- Official University/College transcript
- Proof of English language proficiency
- TOEFL minimum 80iBT (no individual section below a 18). Our TOEFL School Code is 2039.
- IELTS minimum 6.5 Band Score (no individual section below 5.5)
- ITEP minimum 4.5 (no section below 5.0).
- Letters of Recommendation