International students must submit either SAT/ACT or Proof of English language proficiency meeting the following requirements:
- TOEFL minimum 71iBT (no individual section below a 17). Our TOEFL School Code is 2039.
- IELTS minimum 6.0 Band Score (no individual section below 5.0)
- ITEP minimum 4.5 (no section below 4.0)
The Bachelor of Arts in English program offers courses in literature, creative writing and professional writing. Our curriculum’s emphasis on critical thinking, effective writing, and oral communication prepares students for many paths after graduation, including:
- Graduate school in English literature, law, library science, creative writing and journalism.
- Careers in research, communications, government, publishing, editing, public relations and business, and teaching.
- Teaching at the secondary level (with Secondary Education Certification for public schools) and at the college level (with a graduate degree).
All English majors must complete either a Career Internship or Student Teaching for Certification.