Ameritech College of Healthcare is home to Utah’s largest private nursing program. If you are interested in pursuing a career as a registered nurse, we are happy you are considering Ameritech. Navigating college admissions can be a stressful experience, but our Admissions Consultants are here to walk you through the process. Here are some of our admissions requirements:
Nursing applicants will have an admissions deadline for which applications must be submitted. The Ameritech Selections Committee will review all qualified nursing applications and offer admission to select applicants.
- Interview with an Admissions Consultant prior to enrollment. During the interview, the goals, objectives, motivations, and commitment level of the applicant will be discussed. Additionally, the program details including schedule, uniform, tuition, and other associated costs will be reviewed.
- Associate Degree Nursing Program applicants are required to achieve a minimum score on a standardized entrance exam.
- The test will assess ability in a number of subject areas, which may include Math, Reading, English, and Science.
- The Admission Assessment Exam may be retaken a maximum of (2) two times in a twelve month period. Please consult the Ameritech Admissions Department for details.
- Multiple test scores will be averaged. A fee will be assessed for each exam taken. Passing exam scores are valid for one year from the date administered.
- Test scores proctored at institutions other than Ameritech College of Healthcare will be accepted. We also accept official test scores from www.atitesting.com
- Any exceptions must receive the written approval of the Program Director.
- Provide evidence of a High School Diploma, GED equivalent or signed attestation of High School Graduation/GED completion for admittance. If it is discovered that an attestation was falsely signed, the student may be immediately terminated from Ameritech College of Healthcare or denied admissions, if discovery is made prior to the program start. Students may also submit evidence of a college degree from a postsecondary institution whose accreditation is recognized by the United States Department of Education. At this time, Ameritech College of Healthcare does not accept students under “Ability to Benefit” arrangements.
- Pay the required registration fee, which is valid for one year from the date of receipt.
- Complete an Enrollment Packet, which includes the Ameritech College of Healthcare Enrollment Agreement.
- Background checks and drug screenings are required from our approved sites.
- Meet with a member of the Financial Aid Department to make satisfactory financial arrangements to cover the cost of education prior to starting classes. Acceptable financial arrangements include but are not necessarily limited to:
a. Title IV funds
b. Alternative Funding Loans
c. Cash Payment
d. Government Funding (WIA, DWS, Voc Rehab, etc.)
- Attend the required nursing program orientation.
- Introduction to Nursing Practice
- Essentials of Nursing
- Pharmacological Principles
- Psychiatric / Mental Health Nursing
- Care of the Adult Client
- Maternal / Child Nursing
- Care of the High Acuity Client
- Transition to the Professional Role
- NCLEX Review