About this course
Marine Technology is designed for students interested in a career working with the latest underwater technology with emphasis on maintenance, repair, and operations of underwater robots, known to the industry as Remote Operated Vehicles (ROVs). This is a fast-paced and rapidly growing industry that offers many areas for growth and employment worldwide.
The Marine Technology program at ACC is designed for students interested in exciting careers working on the ocean and Great Lakes—from conducting research for universities to working for many industries of the blue economy.
The Marine Technology program offers a wide range of hands-on experiences, from building and operating an underwater robot, to on-water working experiences aboard research vessels. This unique program features coursework in:
- Applied Robotics and ROVs (Remote Operated Vehicles)
- Ocean and Great Lakes Resources, Economics, and Issues
- Science of Underwater Archeology
- Scientific SCUBA Diving
- Working Aboard Ships
- Opportunities for "At-Sea" Internships
- Application of Data Acquisition Technologies at Sea