Study Creative Arts and Design in the US

The Creative Arts and Design sector has plenty of job opportunities ranging from actor and illustrator to fashion designers and makeup artists
Share this page with friends
Share on Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

From Asia to Europe and from the United States to all points beyond, there is a growing need for young professionals with creative and fresh ideas to carry the industry into a new era. With digital media being the new norm, it is important to have new graduates that understand the industry and where it is headed. If the design field interests you, then you will want to consider pursuing a degree that involves this course of study. 

Eligibility Requirements

If you desire to study Creative Arts and Design in the United States then there are certain requirements for admission that you should be aware of. While there is no minimum age to study in the United States, you will need to have earned a high school diploma from an accredited school abroad. Beyond that, the school that you apply to will be checking your transcripts, so you will want to work hard to maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA, which works out to a solid ‘B’ average. Some of the programmes are particularly competitive, so the better your grades, the more favorably your application will be viewed.

As all instruction when you study Creative Arts and Design in the United States will be in English, you will need to demonstrate your proficiency in the language. Most universities and colleges that you end up applying to will accept a minimum score of 6.0 on the IELTS exam, or a minimum overall score of 565 on the TOEFL. 

Cost of Studying Creative Arts and Design in the United States

When you study Creative Arts and Design in the United States, you will need to be prepared for the cost. The United States does not have a standard rate of tuition, so schools are free to set their own. It is estimated that an international student today will need to plan on just over USD45,000 per year in order to study in the United States. This amount would be meant to cover the cost of your tuition which includes additional course fees, housing, food, travel expenses, and other miscellaneous items.

You might be interested in...