|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Worthing College
Worthing College will be an outstanding and inclusive college renowned for excellence in teaching and learning.
The College will:
- Raise aspirations to achieve outstanding results
- Provide an engaging and inspiring learning experience in new learning environments on a new campus.
- Have an excellent reputation and celebrate all achievements.
- Engage and value staff.
- Be at the heart of the local community.
- Be the college of first choice.
By Train: The nearest train station is Worthing Station. You can then either take the shuttle bus (see below) or walk (approx. 30 minutes) to Worthing College.
By Bus: Shuttle Bus – Service 11. This service runs from Worthing Pier to Worthing Station onto the college.
By Bus: Stagecoach, Metrobus and Compass all offer bus services which students can use to travel to college.
By Car: Easily accessed from the A27 and A24. The College is located off the north side of Grove Lodge roundabout and is accessed off Hillbarn Lane.
Safe Cycle Routes into College
If you cycle to College from the Findon Valley direction West Sussex County Council have signs directing a "Safer cycle route" avoiding the major A24/A27 Warren Road. The signposted route is to:- Cross to the south side of Warren Road at the traffic lights/pedestrian crossing just off the Cemetery roundabout, proceed along the shared pedestrian/cycle path to the junction with Offington Drive, where the cycle path ends. Turn right into Offington Drive and now using the Highway travel the length of Offington Drive. At the junction bear left on to Offington Avenue, again on the Highway, to the Eastern end where there is then a short section of shared cycle/pedestrian pathway leading to the traffic lights/pedestrian crossing at the Warren roundabout and then into the College entrance.
Placing students in host families is a very important part of the service that we offer to International Students at Worthing College. It is vital that students feel comfortable and safe in their host family while they are studying and living in the UK.
We take great care in trying to match students with a host family that is right for them. They provide a great opportunity for students to practice and improve their English! Students are made to feel part of the family and students are able to change family at any time.
- Families in Worthing that host International Students are well-known to the college. Many have been welcoming students to their homes for many years and often still receive letters and Christmas cards from students they have hosted in the past.
- In the UK, all adults who have contact with young people are checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) The College makes sure that DBS checks are now required for all families hosting students from Worthing College.
- Host families provide a single room for students with a desk for studying. Breakfast and Dinner in the evening is provided but lunch is usually taken in the College during the week.
- Students should register with their host family doctor to receive free medical treatment under the UK National Health Service. This covers any illness which may occur during their stay. Other expenses, such as spectacles and dental treatment must be paid for privately.
Courses available 10Applied and Pure Sciences 4 Beauty and Personal Care 1 Computer Science and IT 1 Creative Arts & Design 3 Law 1
Be the first one!