Students should have 4 good GCSEs (A* - C) including double science, English and mathematics plus two A levels, one of which must be in chemistry. Equivalent qualifications such as the BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma and Access to HE courses will be considered as alternatives, providing there is significant chemistry content.
If English is not your first language, you may need an English Language assessment before enrolling on this course.
Six Level 4 modules will be studied in the first year of the course and six Level 5 units in the second year.
The level 4 modules:
- Basic Skills for Chemists ( practical chemistry and mathematics)
- Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to Analytical Chemistry
- Sustainability and the Chemical Industry
The level 5 modules:
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry: Applications in Analytical Science
- Laboratory Chemistry
- Project Module