One A Level either in maths, physics or engineering with grade A*-C or BTEC National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (180 credits) with at least merit, pass, pass and merit grade in maths for engineering technicians or BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
Mature students with appropriate industry experience will be considered individually.
Students should have GCSEs in English, maths (A*-C) and science, or equivalent.
Students will take a College test involving maths and general science / engineering.
Students with overseas qualifications are also welcome and will be considered individually.
This course comprises of 240 credits (65 are mandatory and 175 credits are from specialist units). Mandatory units include:
- Analytical methods for engineers (maths)
- Engineering science
- Project design, implementation/evaluation
- Mechanical principles.
Specialist units include:
- Business management techniques for engineers
- Engineering design
- Materials engineering
- Fluid mechanics
- Engineering thermodynamics
- Advanced computer aided design techniques
- Design for manufacture
- Quality assurance and management
- Further analytical methods for engineers
- Management of projects
- Managing the work of individuals and teams
- Further mathematics for technicians.