One A Level either in maths, physics or electronic systems grade A*-C or BTEC National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (180 credits) with at least merit, pass, pass and merit grade in maths for engineering technicians or BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Mature students with appropriate industry experience will be considered individually.
Students must have GCSEs in English, maths (A*-C) and science, or equivalent.
Students will take an internal college test involving maths and general science / engineering.
Students with overseas qualifications are also welcome and will be considered individually.
- Analytical Methods for Engineers (mathematics)
- Engineering Science
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Electrical and Electronic Principles.
Specialist units include:
- Computer Programming Techniques
- Electronic Principles
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy
- Electrical, Electronic and Digital Principles
- Combinational and Sequential Logic
- Business Management Techniques for Engineers
- Engineering Design
- Further Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Management of Projects
- Telecommunication Principles
- Further Mathematics for Technicians
- Digital and Analogue Devices and Circuits.