North Warwickshire & Hinckley College
|Living cost||USD 1,550 per month|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
The campus was founded in 1822 as St David's College to provide a liberal education to members of the clergy. Over the years it developed a range of subjects and, as the University of Wales Lampeter, enjoyed a reputation for undergraduate and postgraduate provision in English, Archaeology, Chinese, Classics, History, Theology, as well as introducing new areas such as Philosophy, Anthropology, Ancient Civilisations and Creative Writing. Now, as UWTSD, the academic community continues to thrive and the portfolio offered attracts an international cohort of students each year.
The original 1848 building lies at the heart of the Carmarthen campus. It was initially known as South Wales and Monmouthshire Training College and was established to train teachers for church schools in England and Wales. It later became known as Trinity College and subsequently Trinity University College before joining forces with the University of Wales Lampeter to create UWTSD.
For most of the twentieth century there were three separate educational institutions serving the city of Swansea: the Swansea College of Art (established in 1853); the Swansea College of Education (established in 1872) and Swansea Technical College (established in 1895).
The University's main campuses are situated in various locations in and around Swansea's city centre as well as in the rural towns of Lampeter and Carmarthen in South West Wales. The Wales International Academy of Voice, under the Directorship of Dennis O'Neill with Dame Kiri Te Kanawa as its patron, is located in Cardiff and in addition the University has a Business School in London for international students.