About this course
The Certificate in Person Centred Support is part of our suite of programmes designed specifically for those who provide community and school-based services, such as home leaders, peripatetic team leaders, instructors, community support staff, special educational needs teachers and teaching assistants.
Consisting of Stage 1 of the BSc (Hons) degree in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, this programme is of particular interest to staff leading small groups of supporters in supported living/residential care, instructors in day or employment services, nurses or other professional staff, teachers and family carers.
You take five compulsory modules covering person-centred values and support; choice, well-being and communication; and supporting participation and independence. You also take an academic development module and a work-based module focusing on person-centred support.
- A level: Mature students who do not hold appropriate qualifications can apply, but you need to demonstrate that you have the skills/ experience to study at degree level.
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the university.
English Language Requirement:
- Undergraduate applicants from the UK are required to have an appropriate grade/score in an approved examination in English Language, usually a grade C (or above) in GCSE English language or an acceptable equivalent.
- Students whose first language is not English, and who live/study in a non-majority English-speaking country are required to have an appropriate grade/score in an approved English language examination. We recommend taking a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as IELTS or Pearson (PTE).
- Five passes at GCSE grade C or above, including English Language or Use of English (IGCSE English as a Second Language, grade B), and at least two subjects at A level;
- Three passes at GCE A level and a pass at grade C or above in GCSE English Language or Use of English.
Let's see what you may also consider
University of the West of England (UWE Bristol)United Kingdom