About this course
This course is aimed at those people already teaching in a Madrassah or on a Mosque Islamic education course. Graduates from Dar ullooms in the UK and abroad may also find it of interest.
Designed in conjunction with Faith Associates, it offers you opportunities to evaluate your own teaching practice.
It also sets you on the path towards Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) should you decide to broaden your teaching career options having completed an undergraduate degree.
Introduction to Madrassah Teaching is a 60-credit Level 4 course, which means it's equivalent to studying at first-year university level. We deliver it on a part-time basis over one year.
We'll work with you to ensure you develop the skills and understanding to engage learners.
Note: Please contact the university directly for information on tuition fees.
- A Level: Must include passes at A2 in at least one subject.
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the university.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking (or recognised equivalent).