About this course
We’re proud that UEL’s alliance with West Ham United, one of England’s most celebrated Premier League football clubs, has resulted in what we’re confident will quickly become a hugely popular and significant foundation degree course.
At UEL, we’re committed to the idea of ‘civic engagement’, which is all about making a positive difference to our community. That makes this a flagship course for us.
At West Ham, our local football club has long had the same commitment as us with its excellent community activities. They’ve been dedicated to providing opportunities for local young people, which makes us natural partners.
So between us, we’ve devised an innovative way of giving sports-loving young people, who might have believed university life wasn’t for them, a chance to discover that they really can fulfil their potential in higher education.
The result is a busy, demanding but fulfilling two-year course, organised jointly by the University and the football club.
You’ll enjoy work experience under the West Ham United umbrella as well as academic studies at UEL. And what’s more, you’ll be well prepared for a job in community sport or further study with us after your two exhilarating years.
- A Level: A Levels – including a pass at A2 Level in PE or Sport related subject
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF) in a related subject.
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the university.
Note: We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths (See below for accepted equivalences)
English Language Qualifications:
- Overall IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening (or recognised equivalent).