- A Level: A Levels – including a pass at A2 Level in PE or Sport related subject
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF) in a related subject.
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the university.
Note: We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths (See below for accepted equivalences)
English Language Qualifications:
- Overall IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening (or recognised equivalent).
We’ll give you a thorough grounding in the world of community sport with our mixture of studies and practical experiences. But the course’s special flavour, of course, comes with the rare opportunity you’ll have to work at the heart of a major football club.
Over your two years, as you flit between West Ham’s Upton Park base – soon to become the Olympic Stadium when the club move there in the 2016-17 season – and UEL’s SportsDock, you’ll learn all about a host of subjects connected with sport in the community.
You’ll look at sports science theories and techniques and issues such as inclusion in sport. You’ll also discover at first hand what it’s like to work with large and different groups in community sport as you get involved with coaching.
The main ‘applied’ element of the course comes with your second-year sports placements modules. These are likely to be very exciting, as they’ll all be within the West Ham family.