About this course
This course is aimed at those people already teaching in a Madrassah or on a Mosque Islamic education course. Graduates from Dar ullooms in the UK and abroad may also find it of interest.
Designed in conjunction with Faith Associates, it offers you opportunities to evaluate your own teaching practice. It also sets you on the path towards Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) should you decide to broaden your teaching career options having completed an undergraduate degree.
Developing as a Madrassah Teacher is a Level 4 course – the equivalent of a first year at university. The certificate you gain can become part of a BA qualification.
The course will deepen your knowledge and skills, allowing you to become a more effective Madrassah or Mosque teacher and to develop a teaching approach and curriculum that is relevant and fit for purpose in your context.
You'll develop the ability to demonstrate understanding of a range of learning theories and their relevance to teaching in a Madrassah setting, examine your own practice and set personal targets in relation to your development as a Madrassah teacher.
Note: Please contact the university directly for information on this course's tuition fees.
- A Level: Must include passes at A2 in at least one subject.
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the university.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking (or recognised equivalent).