About this course
Focusing on applying social marketing principles to the key health, environmental and civic issues in contemporary society, the Social Marketing PGCert will give you the skills and confidence to plan and manage social marketing campaigns.
This course will appeal to graduates who are looking for a career that contributes something positive or beneficial for society, or experienced professionals interested in accrediting existing social marketing skills.
The Social Marketing postgraduate certificate will develop your ability to:
- plan behavioural change programmes based on an understanding of what moves and motivates people
- apply social marketing theory and concepts to practical behavioural problems
- demonstrate a critical analysis of social marketing strategy, both in practice and policy making settings
- show competence in social marketing planning techniques and the application of behaviour theory to live projects
- apply commercial marketing and other management tools to behaviour change programmes.
Degree and/or experience
- normally a good honours degree or equivalent is required. A degree in any subject will be considered. Work experience is useful but not essential.
- A short interview, either in person or by phone/email, is required before being accepted onto the course.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.