Tuition fee (local)
Tuition fee (foreign)
Degree and/or experience:
- normally a good UK honours degree or equivalent recognised award from an overseas institution.
- Candidates with professional qualifications (eg nursing certificate) and/or directly relevant experience, and/or record of active involvement in civil society organisations
- will also be considered, although they will need to demonstrate ability to study and write at Level 7.
- English-speaking students from overseas are particularly welcome.
- applications are accepted throughout the year and prospective candidates are usually interviewed by telephone or Skype.
- Early application is recommended, particularly for international students, as time needs to be allowed for the IELTS and visa requirements.
- Offers will be made depending on the following criteria: academic qualifications, professional experience, personal profile, and academic writing skills.
- Claims for the Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning will be considered up to a maximum of 30 level 7 credits.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS 7.0 overall and a minimum of 6.5 in the other elements, or equivalent qualification.
- Foundations of Health Promotion
- Global Health Promotion
- Community, Culture and Wellbeing
- Health Promotion Practice
- International Dimension of Health Promotion (placement module)
- A research methods module from the School of Health Sciences postgraduate education programme