About this course
The Health Promotion postgraduate certificate is designed to equip you with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge to work in health promotion and public health at local, national or international levels.
Our masters teaching is linked with our health promotion research and is underpinned by an ethos of improving lives and making a difference. You will explore the environments and social conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age in relation to health. We will teach you how to design and apply evidence-based health promotion interventions and strategies.
This gives you the opportunity to earn a postgraduate degree and improve your health promotion practice and academic skills for personal or professional development.
The course is modular, so your exact programme of study will be tailored to reflect your previous experience and future ambitions, and your personal situation regarding full-time or part-time study.
There are opportunities for volunteering experience with local health promotion groups both as study modules and extra-curricular activities.
Degree and/or experience
- Normally a good UK honours degree or equivalent recognised award from an overseas institution.
- Candidates with professional qualifications (eg. nursing certificate) and/or directly relevant experience, and/or record of active involvement in civil society organisations will also be considered, although they will need to demonstrate ability to study and write at Level 7.
- English-speaking students from overseas are particularly welcome.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year and prospective candidates are usually interviewed by telephone or Skype.
- Early application is recommended, particularly for international students, as time needs to be allowed for the IELTS and visa requirements.
- Offers will be made depending on the following criteria: academic qualifications, professional experience, personal profile, and academic writing skills.
- Claims for the Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning will be considered up to a maximum of 30 level 7 credits.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS 7.0 overall and a minimum of 6.5 in the other elements, or equivalent qualification.