About this course
The Health Promotion and Management postgraduate certificate critically explores the health issues and promotion needs of a diverse range of communities in the UK and globally.
The course will benefit you if you are already working in health-related management, or have some experience of this, and for those wishing to enter management of health promotion programmes. It gives you the opportunity to earn a postgraduate degree and improve your practice for personal or professional development.
The course has been designed to equip participants with skills to meet the internationally recognised core competencies in health promotion and relevant components of the UK National Occupational Standards for the Practice of Public Health.
All of our courses are regularly reviewed to keep them up-to-date and relevant so that on graduation you will be fully equipped to work effectively in local, national and international contexts.
Degree and/or experience
- normally a good UK honours degree or equivalent recognised award from an overseas institution.
- Candidates with professional qualifications (eg nursing certificate) and/or directly relevant experience, and/or record of active involvement in civil society organisations will also be considered, although they will need to demonstrate ability to study and write at Level 7.
- applications are accepted throughout the year and prospective candidates are usually interviewed by telephone or Skype.
- Early application is recommended, particularly for international students, as time needs to be allowed for the IELTS and visa requirements.
- Offers will be made depending on the following criteria: academic qualifications, professional experience, personal profile, and academic writing skills.
- Claims for the Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning will be considered up to a maximum of 30 level 7 credits.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS 7.0 overall and a minimum of 6.5 in the other elements, or equivalent qualification. Students with lower scores can enter through our extended masters programme.