About this course
Successful completion of this course will give you access to second-level registration on the NMC register as either a qualified general practice nurse, district nurse, or as a nurse in a home setting.
The course provides registered nurses with the opportunity to gain both a professional qualification and an academic award at degree level.
On graduation, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to become a capable and confident general practice nurse, district nurse, or home nurse.
We are known for our flexible approaches to practice-based learning, with course durations and intensities that can be adapted to your individual needs and outside commitments.
The values of the NHS constitution are embedded in our curriculum; where patients come first in everything the NHS does, and include respect and dignity, compassion and working together for patients.
Note: Please contact us directly for exact tuition fees and for information on the funding available for this course.
Registration as nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council under:
- General Practice Nursing RN1, RNA
- Nursing in the Home (District Nursing) RN1, RNA.
- normally hold a health-related degree at 2:1 or above
- have successfully completed study within the last five years
- normally have a minimum of six months' post-registration experience, preferably in the community
- demonstrate the potential to benefit from masters-level study.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in the other elements.