Tuition fee (local)
Tuition fee (foreign)
- The programme is open to post-registration doctors and qualified practitioners in any profession allied to medicine; those with a first degree will have minimum of 2 years clinical practice; those without will have a minimum of 5 years post-qualification practice in cardiology. Students who do not hold a first degree will initially register for either a Postgraduate Certificate or a Postgraduate Diploma award.
- Applications are welcomed from International students with appropriate qualifications and experience.
- Applications will be made direct to Postgraduate Medicine, BSMS. Applicants will be interviewed. They will be expected to be aware of the latest trends and developments in cardiology, eg through reading appropriate journals.
- Claims for the Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) will be considered to a maximum of 50% of the total credits permitted.
English Language Requirement:
- Students for whom English is not a first language must demonstrate an acceptable standard of comprehension and communication in the English Language (IELTS: minimum overall score of 7.0 and 7.0 for the writing element).
Core Clinical Modules:
- Acute Cardiology Principles and Practice
- Fundamentals of Cardiac Diagnostic Procedures and Investigations
- Invasive and Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiology in the Community
Core Professional Modules:
- Research Methods and Critical Appraisal
- Leading & Transforming Services Or MDM111 Clinical Commissioning for Quality Care
- Communication, Learning & Teaching in Health & Social Care