About this course
The Economics course includes compulsory modules covering the main areas of economic theory, applied economics, and the quantitative aspects of economics, plus a range of option modules. And we have now introduced a four years MEcon degree starting in 2015 with an additional year of advanced-level training, leading to a Master’s qualification. Our Economics degrees will develop your powers of analysis and critical thought, and build skills in communication, expression and rational argument that are highly sought after by employers. Our degrees provide you with vocationally relevant knowledge and understanding, and, depending on modules taken, you will qualify for partial exemption from Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) examinations.
- Typical offer (UCAS tariff points): 320
- A levels: To include 200 points from 2 A levels or equivalent.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM
- Applicants on Access Programmes: Overall pass to include 30 level 3 credits at distinction and a further 15 at merit.
- Plus minimum of: GCSE English and Maths minimum grade C (equivalents accepted).
- English language requirements: Minimum IELTS at 6.0 or the equivalent.