Doctoral Degree (PhD)
Tuition fee (local)
Tuition fee (foreign)
- A Masters degree in a relevant subject from a UK university, or an equivalent qualification from a recognised university overseas. In some situations we will accept a good Honours degree (first- or upper second-class) or equivalent. This will depend on the quality and/or originality of your research proposal.
- An outline proposal for the research you wish to undertake. The outline proposal should be about three sides of A4 in length, preferably typed, describing the nature of the proposed study. The School attaches great importance to the quality of this outline research proposal, and in some cases you may be asked to rewrite the outline proposal so as to be eligible for the programme.
- Procurement and Operations Management
- Managerial Economics
- International Management and Organisation
Human Resource Management and Employment Relations:
- specific research areas include income distribution; training and development; management development; leadership; shareholder value and the role of private equity firms in the market for corporate control; labour market regulation and the role of the state.
- research areas include Global Value Chains; corporate social responsibility; the internationalisation of firms and the international transfer of practices; innovation and international knowledge flows; the impact of national institutions on the emergence of new areas of science and technology; social capital and the internationalisation of SMEs.
- specific research areas include organisational transformation and the management of change; knowledge management; the changing nature of careers; new organisational forms; leadership and governance.