About this course
This programme is for graduate engineers wishing to work in the electrical power industry. It develops your knowledge of electrical power and energy systems, giving you a good understanding of the latest developments and techniques within the electrical power industry.
The programme is centred around three major themes:
- electrical power networks with emphasis on conventional networks, smart grids, high voltage direct current transmission and asset management of network infrastructure
- renewable energies with emphasis on wind and solar power
- power electronics with emphasis on power electronic convertors in converting and controlling power flows in electrical networks and renewable energy systems.
- Have at least a lower second class (2.2) UK honours degree, or equivalent qualification.
- A wide range of degree subjects are acceptable, including electrical engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, power systems engineering, energy engineering and instrumentation and control engineering.
- Non-UK students must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.