In keeping with all courses of initial teacher education, entrants are required to have:
- Achieved Grade C in GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics, English Language and a single or combined Science subject. GCSE qualifications must have been gained at the time of application.
- Required to possess an upper second class honours degree in the area of Early Years.
- Substantial and recent experience of working with children in the 3-8 age range will also be required. This must be obtained at the time of application.
Entry to the PGCE (Early Years) will be based on qualifications, reference, relevant experience and an interview. Due to the competition for places, admission requirements may be enhanced at the short-listing stage, and applicants who are short listed will be called for interview, which will include a short presentation by the candidate.
- A Quality Early Years Curriculum
- Experiential Learning and the Powerful Medium of Play
- International Perspectives
- Special Educational Needs
- Children's Rights
- Pastoral Issues