About this course
This two year course will help you to develop your teaching skills, reflect on current ideas about education and training, and to creatively explore the professional opportunities open to you.
Much of the course is focused on practical teaching. You will gain experience of learning and teaching alongside other teachers and trainers, with support from your tutors.
- You should be in paid employment, as a teacher or trainer for a minimum of 50 hours per year (100 hours in total) at a recognised training or education establishment. Voluntary teaching/training may be acceptable – please ask for more details
- A UK Bachelors degree or equivalent. Relevant work experience is required for vocational subjects
- A current, valid and clean DBS
- Qualification or competence at Level 2 in Literacy and numeracy
- A mentor suitably experienced in teaching the subject specialism