- Ranked 373 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
About Liverpool John Moores University
LJMU has invested over £110 million over the last 10 years in new buildings and upgrading older ones. It has two large city campuses – Mount Pleasant and Byrom Street in the heart of Liverpool and another green-field campus, IM Marsh located about 15 minutes drive outside the city. LJMU has 2 large libraries which are 24/7 and numerous campus buildings which are state-of-the-art educational facilities. Other facilities include:
- Athletics – The Athletics department is home to a great number of facilities ranging from a 5 metre swimming pool, Large sports hall, 2 Full sized hockey astro pitches, 2 Fully equipped fitness suite/gymnasium, Full sized football pitches, Five a side football pitches and many more.
- Liverpool Students Union – This union provides the necessary info and activities for the campus community. Offering advice, organizing interesting activities, Managing student affairs are some amongst the work done at the students union.
- Clubs & Societies – From Zumba to Cheerleading and Irish Dancing and from American Football to Rowing, Liverpool John Moores University has something to offer to all students. The freedom is given to students to actively participate in any of these clubs and further their passion.
- Scholars Pub – Scholars Bar is the local student pub open to all students at Liverpool John Moores. Situated in the Haigh Building on the Mount Pleasant Campus, caters to all needs of students.
In the heart of Liverpool City Centre. The Mount Pleasant campus is in the Knowledge Quarter of Liverpool. All LJMU city campuses are within 10-15 minutes walking distance from the central shopping and business district of Liverpool. Buses and train stations are all within a 5 minutes walk. LJMU is surrounded by all major Liverpool shopping malls, the park, tourist attractions.
Accommodation facilities for students are numerous, offering varied types of facilities. Accommodation types range from Studio apartments, Shared bathroom type of accommodation, Halls and so much more to choose from. There are thousands of high quality rooms on offer, usually located in 4-5 storey apartment blocks with 24 hour security. On every floor, typically there are 5-6 rooms sharing a common lounge and kitchen. However, most rooms come with attached toilet.
Courses available 62Accounting and Finance 1 Agriculture & Related Subjects 1 Applied and Pure Sciences 5 Architecture, Building & Planning 10 Business and Management 8 Computer Science and IT 6 Creative Arts & Design 3 Education and Teaching 1 Engineering 7 English Language 1 Health and Medicine 2 Hotel Management & Hospitality 2 Humanities & Social Sciences 5 Law 3 Mass Communication & Media 6 MBA 1 Sports Science 2
Be the first one!