About this course
The BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business has been designed to provide a specialist vocational qualification. It’s ideal if you want a strong emphasis on practical skills- and you can progress to a full Honours degree if you want to. This course develops your ability to understand business issues, analyse management problems and find workable solutions. You’ll become reflective and critical and you’ll be able to apply the academic knowledge you’ve gained in a practical setting.
There are no particular entry requirements for this qualification. Candidates who enter with at least two of the following are likely to
benefit more readily from a Business programme:
- a BTEC National, Advanced GNVQ or AVCE in Business or in a related subject (e.g. Tourism,Hospitality and Catering).
- at least one GCE A Level pass in a relevant subject with appropriate supporting passes at GCSE.
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved Further Educationinstitution.
- Appropriate work experience.
- IEL TS 5.5 overall with a minimum of 5.0 in each component, or equivalent.