About this courseAbout the MD programme
To successfully complete the MD degree, you will conduct a substantial independent research project which will lead to an original contribution to knowledge. You can work in a wide range of areas -- our current students are researching topics as diverse as HIV microbicides and outcomes of bariatric surgery.
Your project should address issues of diagnosis or management in a clinical environment. If you have an idea for a research project that doesn't address these areas, you should consider doing a PhD instead.Ethical requirements
All research at HYMS is conducted within strict ethical guidelines. Before you start your research, you will need ethical approval from the appropriate university and NHS ethics committees. You need to take this into account when planning your project and writing the proposal.
- Medical qualification (MBBS or equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)(can be same as medical qualification)
- To study for a MD, you must have at least two years' experience of medical practice after graduating.
- English language (IELTS)* 7.0
* You must have a minimum of 5.5 in all components of the IELTS qualification.