About this course
The operating theatre is a dramatic and exciting environment, and one which has stirred your fascination. This, coupled with your desire to help vulnerable individuals has motivated you to check out this course, and to find out more about the operating theatre team and how you might get involved. Here is your opportunity. The Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) provides skilled assistance to surgeons and anaesthetists in carrying out intricate and complex procedures and work alongside nursing colleagues, providing care for patients undergoing surgical procedures.
- In the region of 200 UCAS tariff points including two A levels at grade CC, similar points from the Advanced Diploma or the equivalent, for example an Access to Higher Education/Diploma award with at least 10 units at Merit level or higher.
- Alternatively, you may have studied a Foundation Year, for instance Women into Science or the Science Foundation Year at the University.
- It is also important that you demonstrate an appreciation of the role and work of the Operating Department Practitioner.
- We welcome applications from people of all ages.
- No offer is made without interview, enhanced Criminal Record Bureau and Occupational Health checks. All students must also be registered with the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
- Applicants must meet UK residency requirements.