- 4 GCSE grades A*-D (one of these must be English or Maths) English and Maths will be taken alongside if they don't have C's in both A love of watersports and outdoor activities is beneficial.
These qualifications consist of 3 graded mandatory units:
- Participating in sport (6 credits)
- Outdoor and adventurous activities (6 credits)
- Leading an outdoor activity session (6 credits)
The 4 (pre-chosen) graded optional units:
- Promote outdoor activities (6 credits)
- Planning and running a sports event (6 credits)
- Understanding business in sport (6 credits)
- Plan, deliver and evaluate an activity session (6 credits)
You will undertake 19 units over the two years spread across four 16 week semesters.
You will be taught the theoretical principles for all units and given the opportunity to apply these in a variety of practical settings e.g. sports coaching & leadership, organising an event with primary school groups, visiting local business' in the watersports industry.
You will spend two days a week on the water putting theory into practice.
Assessments are planned throughout the two years for each unit. They will take on a variety of formats such as verbal, observation and written coursework assignments.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake relevant work placement and gain National Governing Body awards in sports or outdoor activities