Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
|Year established||Data not available|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|Nationalities||Data not available|
About Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier is an ambitious and innovative university, based in Edinburgh, the vibrant, prospering capital of Scotland.
Our programmes are created in collaboration with industry to give you the best chance of career success. Employers contribute in a variety of ways including course design, teaching, mentoring, placements and careers guidance, ensuring students will get the skills to move into employment or further study. Experienced staff also feed their expertise into course development and teaching.
With around 19,500 students from more than 130 countries, we offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses across a number of subject areas:
- Arts & media
- Business & languages
- Criminology, psychology & law
- Engineering & the built environment
- Health & social care
- Life sciences
- Sport & exercise sciences
|IELTS||Data not available|
|TOEFL||Data not available|
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
Data not available
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||Data not available|
|Application fee (foreign students)||Data not available|
|Student visa fee (foreign students)||Data not available|
Data not available
Average living cost in United Kingdom
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in United Kingdom for 2023
|Food||Data not available|
|Accommodation||Data not available|
|Others||Data not available|
If you’re in your first year of studying with us as an undergraduate, you’ll be guaranteed an offer of accommodation provided you meet the allocation criteria.
You can't choose your accommodation site. However, you can indicate a preference for room type on the application form and we’ll do our best to accommodate your preferences.
Edinburgh Napier’s three campuses are equipped with cutting-edge, industry-standard facilities, including a biomechanics lab, journalism newsroom, games lab, and film, photography and music studios. You will be based primarily on one campus depending on your course choice, but you’re welcome to explore all locations and use the facilities at each.
- Craiglockhart: Home to business, languages and tourism students, Craiglockhart Campus blends the old and the new. Set within attractive grounds overlooking Edinburgh, facilities include 200- and 400-seat lecture theatres and language and multimedia labs. It's also home to the University’s innovation and enterprise centre, Bright Red Triangle.
- Merchiston: Arts and media, design, engineering and the built environment, and computing students are based at Merchiston. Here, students will find the 24-hour Jack Kilby Computing Centre, the Edinburgh Napier Students’ Association, a computer games lab, newsroom, TV, radio and photography studios, and soundproofed industry-standard music studios.
- Sighthill: The Sighthill Campus serves more than 5,000 students and staff in criminology, psychology, law, health and social care, life sciences, and sport and exercise sciences. Facilities include life-like hospital wards, a clinical skills suite, sports science labs and a sports centre.
Location of campuses, accessibility by public transport, what's nearby, etc. 1-2 paragraphs.
All three campuses are well served by local bus services, and the Sighthill Campus can also be accessed by the city’s tram network. There are numerous cycle paths across the city and each campus has bike storage facilities.
Large (More than 10,000)
|Undergraduate students||Data not available|
|Postgraduate students||Data not available|
|foreign students||Data not available|